Harefield United Latest: Hares thrash local rivals with four goal burst

man of the match Lenny Farhall man of the match Lenny Farhall

Harefield United Chairman Gary South rounds up the latest matches for Hillingdon is Here.

Rayners Lane 1 Harefield United 4

Harefield United travelled the short distance to Rayners Lane for a Saturday afternoon local derby, with manager Jason Shaw having to make only one change from the team that beat Risborough Rangers in midweek, bringing in defender Rowan Larrington for the absent Sean Mangan.

Loanee centre forward Craig Tomkin had moved to Hanwell Town since starting as substitute in the last game so Lenny Farhall was selected to start for the second consecutive game with the chance to make the number nine shirt his own.

The Lane had the first opportunity to open the scoring after five minutes when Hares’ keeper Jacob Ballheimer was forced to make a point blank reaction save. United immediately attacked the other end with Farhall through on goal but his low drive was saved by the home keeper. On fourteen minutes a Steven Green shot was deflected for a corner which Sam Shaw took, finding the head of Tash Jordan who nodded the ball home, putting the Hares one goal ahead.

Midway through the first half the impressive Lee Clark in midfield released Farhall who turned and shot, beating the Lane’s keeper to put the Hares two-nil up. The striker wasn’t finished there and ten minutes later Farhall received the ball on the touchline thirty five yards out and seeing the home goal in an advanced position fired home with a screamer to rival Clark’s contender for goal of the season four days earlier.

Three nil up at halftime then but Rayners Lane came fast out of the blocks for the second half, Cristian Barrett unnecessarily conceded a penalty, clipping a player who was moving away from goal, Ballheimer went the wrong way and the home side were back in the game albeit two goals behind. With half an hour remaining Elliott Dobbs was fouled on the left wing, a Sam Shaw free kick found defender Larrington drifting in on the right and his cross shot was tipped over the bar by the Lane goalie.

Six minutes later substitute Paul Underwood was brought on for Clark who had a tight calf. Underwood was soon in the thick of the action and on seventy two minutes he bravely put his head in for a challenge with a high Rayners Lane foot, luckily not getting a kick in the face, sending Farhall on a left flank run. Farhall crossed into the box and after a scramble and attempted clearance Adam Willis stabbed the ball home for Harefield’s fourth of the afternoon

With eleven minutes remaining Hares man of the match Farhall was replaced by fellow forward Olu Akinola, two minutes later Perry Dicker came on at centre back for Larrington to see the game out and it finished Rayners Lane one, Harefield United four. The afternoon was soured with an injury to captain Barrett who seemed to collapse in the final minute whilst sprinting for the ball. The referee blew full time and Barrett stayed immobile on the ground for a good ten minutes being treated by Physio Sue Barnes before being helped off the pitch. Hillingdon is Here wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Harefield line up, Ballheimer, Dobbs, Green, Barrett (capt), Clark, Larrington, Jordan, S. Shaw, Farhall, A. Willis, Riley-Snow. Substitutes Underwood, Akinola, Dicker and Baldwin (unused).



Harefield 0 London Lions 1

Harefield played the first of two home fixtures in four days when they entertained high flying London Lions on Saturday 28 October. With two goal Tash Jordan unavailable from the side that beat Enfield Borough Adam Willis returned to the starting line up with big Craig Tomkin up front. In the opening minute John Roberts was put through on goal only to put the ball just wide for a Lions goal kick. A minute later at the other end Hares’ keeper Jacob Ballheimer parried a shot only for the rebound to miss the target.

On thirteen minutes United midfielder Luke Baldwin got on the end of a Steven Green free kick and lashed the ball across goal, narrowly going outside the post. Three minutes later it was first blood to the Lions when a sleepy Harefield defence allowed Matt Kyte to place a left footed shot in the top left corner. On twenty five minutes referee Kevin Moore judged full back Green to have fouled in the box and Kyte sent Ballheimer the wrong way for Lions’ second.

With eleven minutes remaining of the first half manager Jason Shaw gave substitute Andre Ford his first team debut, bring him on for the suffering Roberts and the Hares went into the break two nil down.

Soon after half time Willis had a header tipped over the bar by the Lions keeper and United continued attacking and retaining possession. On sixty six minutes it looked to be all over when Lions were awarded a second penalty after Green made a foul tackle clearly outside the area as shown by his stud marks on the pitch. Green had already been booked for dissent but no card was produced by Mr. Moore and Ballheimer saved the spot kick from Kyte hoping for his hat trick.

With twenty minutes remaining striker Perry Dicker replaced Green before he received a second yellow as he was clearly agitating the officials and eleven minutes later forward Rob Graham came on for Willis. With three centre forwards on the pitch the Hares attacked relentlessly and their just rewards came when Tomkin headed home a Sam Shaw corner. If Harefield had played the whole game with the passion they played the final twenty minutes it would surely have been a different result but it remained a two -one victory for London Lions.

Harefield line up:- Ballheimer, Dobbs, Green, Goode-Keeley, Clark, Mangan (capt), A. Willis, Baldwin, Tomkin, S. Shaw, Roberts. Substitutes Dicker, Graham, Ford and Yorke (unused)


Harefield 3 Risborough Rangers 2

On Tuesday night (October 31) Harefield were hosts to second in the division Risborough Rangers. Captain Cristian Barrett, Tashan Jordan, Lenny Farhall and Blaise Riley-Snow all returned to the starting lineup, with Lee Clark moving back to his old midfield role in place of the injured Luke Baldwin.

Rangers were a tough footballing side and United had their work cut out to contain them and possession was shared equally between the two teams. Hares made the breakthrough on thirty three minutes when Farhall, having scored six for the reserves on Saturday, shot from almost the byline and the ball crossed the line low down off the Rangers keeper’s palm.

Rangers equalised on forty four minutes after carving up the Hares defence but two minutes into time added on Clark hit a wonder shot from at least forty yards to see United go in to the break two -one up.

Risborough must’ve had a rucking at half time because they came out all guns blazing and got their second equaliser of the match after three minutes. Soon after Ballheimer made the save of the game with a point blank reflex stop and on sixty six minutes a Hares attack saw a clearance fall to Adam Willis who fired home the winner from twenty two yards.

Manager Jason Shaw didn’t feel the need to change a winning side and for the first time the season made no substitutions. Harefield protected their lead at all costs and ran out three - two winners, hopefully give them a much needed confidence boost before travelling away to a local derby with Rayners Lane on Saturday.

Hares Man of the Match, Lee Clark.

Harefield lineup:- Ballheimer, Dobbs, Green, Barrett (capt), Clark, Mangan, Jordan, S. Shaw, Tomkin, Willis, Riley-Snow.



Rate this item
(2 votes)


Find us on...




Go to top

This website uses 'cookies' to give you the best, most relevant experience. Using this website means you are Ok with this. Click close to accept and continue.